All of my music is covered by my license agreement. You will get a personalised copy when you download the music. Below is the general, plain English version of what you can and cannot do with the music. If you are in any doubt, please contact me at email@example.com
– Can be used for free by individuals and companies turning over less than £5m annually.
– Can be used as background music in your video or podcast. It must only be a supporting element in your audiovisual production.
– Can be used in your promotions for your small business, product or service.
– Can be used in monetised content – See the next FAQ Can I monetize my video?
– Cannot be used as music-only.
– Cannot be the main feature of your content. It must be a supporting element only.
– Cannot be sold.
– Cannot be included as part of a product for sale.
– Cannot be shared online as digital files, sublicensed, or given away. Access must be via my links so feel free to share this page).
– Cannot be used to make derivative pieces of music and can not be included in sample packs.
– Cannot be used in hate speech or sexual or illegal content.
If in doubt, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include a credit and a link to my website (see Do I need to credit you? FAQ below).
Yes. If you are monetizing your YouTube videos, let me know the URL of your video and I will clear your video or channel. My music is protected with content ID, which means you may get a copyright notice but this does not affect your use of the music or your channel. A copyright notice is not a copyright infringement or strike. It is just identifying the owner of the content (which should show as BeanstalkAudio).
If you are not monetizing the video, you can leave it in place and I will get a small revenue from the adverts instead of it all going to YouTube.
Yes, please. Crediting me really helps spread the word and is really appreciated.
You can use any wording you like as long as it includes the track name and a link to the website. Using the track’s name helps people find the track when they visit the website.
If you are feeling really generous you could even link directly to the track.
[Track Name] from https://www.beanstalkaudio.com
I am an independent composer and your financial support helps me to continue writing music. Your payment goes directly to me minus any admin fees. Your donation will likely be invested in new sounds and synths. A composer can never have too many 🙂
Yes, but please share the link to this page. You must not share the music files. I want your friends to be able to use the music but access it from me.
I am just really nice 🙂 Okay, seriously, I am an independent composer and I make an income from my music and audio production services. This can only happen if people know about me and can hear my music. By using my music you are helping me to spread the word, which will result in some people making donations or paying for the full license. This will also help get my music heard by filmmakers and videographers who may want to commission music.
It is the best job in the world but it can have its challenges… see my blog post for more insight.